Thursday, January 29, 2009

War and Peace

I have been working like crazy the past week. The cool thing is that I love my job and I am getting opportunities to learn more about cooking and baking. This Saturday I am making Coq Au Vin, a supposedly delicious recipe made with chicken breast and a divine sauce. I am also going to go hunting for the right 1,000 piece puzzle to begin one of my “list” items. I tend to like puzzles that are not actual pictures, but drawings of nature, etc. I like pictures and puzzles that I can look at and picture myself in the place. I have always been a daydreamer, but in the winter months it becomes a purposeful hobby. In addition to daydreaming, I have also been writing more productively. I find writing to be a good pre-motivator for doing. So, once something has cycled through my brain and out onto paper I am much more likely to follow through with it. I pulled out my copy of War and Peace (thank you Adam!) and I am ready to begin anew. For those of you unaware of my history with War and Peace, I began the novel my junior year of high school and made it 800 pages before I had to put it on hold for schoolwork. By the time I made it back I could no longer remember the names and the plot well enough to keep going from that point. So, I have carried it with me all of these years hoping to forgive myself for not finishing It the first time and get the courage to start it once more. Of course, if anything stops me mid-book this time it will have to be death, because I am not going to carry it around for another ten years.

No comments: