Friday, May 23, 2008

In Flux

Things are moving along with the house. The roofer has been in for an estimate and now I am just waiting to initial an official contract. Of course, I have about a million papers to go through to apply for a mortgage. I keep thinking that Kevin would have been so much better at handling all of this flux.

I worked today and totally enjoyed it. I just love my job, which is a new experience for me. I mean, I liked working at the library, but I didn't look forward to it the way I look forward to this job. Of course, being around all of the cooking tools inspires me. I haven't been able to cook much lately because, with my brothers at home, things are generally hectic. I just like to sit and daydream about the house and what it will be like to have my own kitchen again. I don't know how I will ever go through all of my things in storage. Kevin packed and moved almost everything because I was eight months pregnant at the time. I get a knot in my stomach just thinking about it.

I have scheduled my visit to Colorado in late June. I am going mainly to visit my Aunt Shari and her family. My sister and Grandma are coming with as well, so it will be like a little family reunion. I planned the trip before I knew I would be trying to purchase a house, so hopefully nothing will come into conflict.

All right, I must get some much needed rest. Hopefully tomorrow will bring another warm spring day. . .

No comments: