Friday, September 24, 2010

Countdown to 30

I am quickly approaching my 30th birthday and in anticipation I am preparing for the next decade to be the best decade thus far in my life. I mean, I have felt an almost panicky desire to exit my 20's and put the hurt in the "past." Although I realize this is all a mental and metaphorical step forward more than anything, I am taking what I can get to trick my brain into hope for the future. In my 30's I am hoping to truly get my fibromyalgia into a manageable state, to become financially stable, to embark on a fulfilling career, and to settle into a longterm family life. Right now, the number one thing on my list is my health. It has been awful lately, to the point where I am not really functioning. I am barely able to go to work and fake normal before heading home to sloth my way through another evening. I mostly look forward to sleeping at night (if I can) and driving in my car blasting some good music.

I shouldn't act as if the past decade was all bad. I graduated college, got married, went to grad school, lived in Canada, had my beautiful Gloria, bought my first condo with Kevin, bought my first townhome on my own, tried watersking and a zipline, did lots of intercontinental traveling, met my Ray of Sunshine, attended two brother's weddings to the sweetest girls ever and truly acquired the Henrys as my second family. There were lots of big wonderful events that made my 20's bearable and worth remembering in some capacity.

However, especially the latter half of this past decade has been incredibly trying for me. The number one stressor goes without saying. I continue to miss Kevin every single day, although now it is in different ways than at first. My increasingly poor health is the main culprit for my drive for change right now. I have started a second blog to totally focus on that particular journey. I feel like I don't want to fill this whole blog with complaining about my fibromyalgia, etc.

So, at the very least I am back ready to do some more writing and hopefully, turning 30 will represent a much bigger leap into the next decade for me!

No comments: