Monday, December 28, 2009

Summer 2009

Climbing up the willow branch
Thinking you may have a chance
To capture my thoughts as they float up high
Amidst a rainy, starless sky.
Music floating in the breeze
As you pull me up into the trees.
I think I want to find a way
To keep you here, to make you stay.
The night goes on as we go higher;
The ground has never seemed so dire
As when I feel it far below
And I get the feeling that you know
What I am thinking and what is real
My heart is here to hold, my kiss you can steal.
A magical night, I could ask nothing less
Then to find that in your arms I can rest
A perfect breezy summer night
Not ever wanting the morning light
To creep upon us when we least expect
And realize the night has left.
I know that you tell me it’s complicated
The facts have all been thoroughly stated
So I’ll keep this night wrapped up for you
Until we can find another way through
The day and back into the night
Where together the world never felt so right.

No comments: