Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cobblestone

I have had an up and down week. After a series of cold and rainy days, along with a particularly difficult bout with my fibromyalgia I started to feel like I had hit the bottom again. Fortunately, I had a few of my good friends rally around me to help me get through the worst of it. Sarah came and spent a couple of evenings with me, and even gave me some toddler tools (handle covers, etc.). Jenny also came and spent an evening with me, including perhaps one too many cranberry & vodka martinis. While the fibromyalgia continues to be a struggle for me, my mood has definitely picked up. Last night I went out with my sister and some friends to a bar in West Chicago with kareoke. I got to meet Debbie for the first time, a long time friend of my sister who is just totally awesome. I also got to dance and sing with lots of new friends. In a true twist of irony, I got to sing a duet with J.R. of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain." I don't think he thought the song was about him, but it was :-) In a rare occurence I actually left my camera in my car, so I am lucky to not have any embarrassing pictures to prove my ridiculousness. I know you are all sorely disappointed.

No comments: