Friday, May 22, 2009

Presence

Today I went for a walk at my old favorite spot, Knock Knolls. I hadn't been there on my own since Gloria was born, so it has definitely been a while! It has the most beautiful and peaceful paths through woods or fields, and it is a great way to get my head clear. I used to walk there all the time my senior year of high school and the summer afterward, and today brought back a lot of the joy that I felt when I would go there. There are certain places that I just feel the presence of God, including the beach on Lake Michigan that we went to growing up, the original sanctuary of my childhood church (which is no longer there), and Knoch Knolls. I brought my iPod today thinking that I would need the music to motivate me, but found that just being there was motivation enough.

No comments: