Thursday, January 1, 2009

Choo-choo! 2009 is here!
















Well, I finally entered a new year with smiles and laughter instead of crying and pain. I took the train into the city to hang out with my friend, Mike, and some of his buddies. At first I was a little stressed about the whole idea, just because there were a million people on the train, it would be my first night away from Gloria, and I wasn't going to know anyone at the party except for Mike. However, I ended up having a fantastic time! We went out to a Japanese restaurant and I tried eel (gasp!) and liked it! I like the idea of welcoming the new year with doing something new. I was most certainly out of my comfort zone, but at the same time I felt great about it. Mike is one of the coolest guys ever. He loves to write, he loves to dance, and he is in a band called Patience Gloria. Could he be any cooler? It is an odd thing in life to re-discover someone. Mike is someone that I have known a very long time, but only as Sarah's brother. Now, I feel like I can claim his as my own friend as well.
My house warming party went all right. The turn out was less than I had hoped but a lot of wonderful people were there. Karen, Kevin's boss from Mail Boxes Etc. was the first to arrive, then Nana Marion, who helped me arrange all of the desserts. My mother in law was in and out all day doing everything from cooking the chili, to carrying boxes into the garage and setting up the plates and cutlery. She really deserves most of the credit for the party. My parents, my brother Adam and his girlfriend, Julie, came as well as Bobby. Ryan Phelan, a friend I haven't seen in years actually came out, which was really sweet. A lot of my mother in law's friends cam, which was nice. I thought it was strange that not one of my really close friends made it, but oh well.














I am hoping that this new year will mark some new priorities in my life. One priority will be to actually start living my "Before I die" list. I really want to try skiing for the first time. I already cooked a full turkey for Thanksgiving last year. And so the list goes on and so does life. I have included a few housewarming party photos.










No comments: