Saturday, October 4, 2008

Productivity

Today was a very busy day. My dad, his good friend, Ron, my brother and Matt Beese all came to my house to work. They removed my old patio door and the rooted plywood in the floor beneath it, killed a huge nest of carpenter ants, and put in the new patio. Adam and Matt also removed the rest of the carpeting and tack (sp?) in the living room/dining room. So, they got quite a bit done. Jenny arrived as the second wind crew, painting my entire family room a lovely shade of green all by herself. I must say, I was quite impressed with how well she painted and cut in the lines along the ceiling. She is a pro for sure, and she was quite witty throughout the whole process. I primed the main bathroom, which I did sort of horribly but with a good attitude. I feel very self-conscious about my lack of painting skills. I think it is just that I tire out quickly, but perhaps I am just uncoordinated.

Tonight we are watching the Cubs play what will likely be their last game of the season. Even though I am technically a White Sox fan, I still like to cheer for the Cubbies when they aren't in direct competition. Unfortunately, the Cubs have had a rough time in the post-season. My brother, Adam, is very perturbed with it all.

Between our work on the house and the Cubs game I got to spend time with my big brother, Daniel, and his 4 month old, Thurston. Thurston is just a delightful baby, full of smiles and giggles for everyone. He was the best behaved baby I have ever seen. Gloria was fascinated by him but had a hard time understanding why we were all stressed about her running around him. She doesn't understand that he is still a delicate little baby that can't catch things thrown to him or get away if she trips and falls into him.

No comments: