Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sock Monkey




I am treading water, hanging in there, taking it one day at a time, and every other cliche that implies existence without much thought or meaning. I thought that I might be further along at this point, but you know, I take it in stride (lol). I have been working more often, which is a good things. My job is one of the few things that brings me satisfaction. I feel lucky to have my job and actually look forward to my time there. I am not sure if it is the fact that I feel appreciated there, or if it is because I have some semblance of organization there, but it feeds my mind. People assume that because it is retail that it is a horrible job, and because it is part time it is not a "real" job worth investing in. On the contrary, I have thought a lot about making a career out of this. I mean, I would love to work more often and be able to do more things. So, for now it is a good thing in my life.
My house is slowing coming along. The drywall has been hung and now they are beginning mudding and taping. Everything is basically on hold until the drywall is finished, so I just keep crossing my fingers and thanking God every time that my dad or dad in law have time to work on it. They have been unbelievably generous in helping me.
Well, it is time for me to head to bed. I am working most days in the coming week so I may not be posting as much. I know my fans will be infinitely disappointed.

No comments: