Wednesday, August 20, 2008


I have spent two days without a car, and it has felt like an eternity. My snarky little Neon has been in the shop for a general tune-up, but I haven't had a ride to go and pick her back up. Lil G and I have been keeping busy with the pool, going for walks around the block, baking cookies and playing house in her little kitchen. She is picking up all sorts of words and phrases now, the most amusing of which include "My man!" or "Williams-Sonoma" or even "Papa likes to get my neck!" It is always amazing to hear what she comes up with or what she has learned. I can hardly believe that she will be two years old in less than a month. How is that possible? Of course, as we approach the end of August I begin to think of the endless list of things that I want to do before it gets too cold out. Unlike most people, I don't dread the coming of fall and winter, however some things are more fun in the warmth of late summer.


The house is at a stalemate, though that will hopefully be changing soon. Tomorrow my brother Adam, my dad and Matt Beese will be working on the drywall. With any luck they will be able to finish it up and I will find a drywall person to tape and mud the ceiling. I am ready for painters, whoever may have any time to donate! I have settled on the colors for every room except for the bathrooms. Ah, someday soon I will be writing this from the comfort of my own home!

No comments: