Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wine is Fine, But Liquor is Quicker


That is a lovely quote from my Grandma, aka Big G. I have contemplated becoming an alcoholic, simply because you hear a lot about people "drinking until the pain inside is temporarily forgotten." Unfortunately for me, drinking only makes me more emotional and then physically sick. Alas, I am too big of a baby to develop some type of deadly habit.


I am in a particularly good mood today because I turned lemons into lemonade. How? you ask. Well, I found out that my fine china pattern had been discontinued by Lenox and they had no place settings left. I was really upset because I only have seven place settings and 1) I love the pattern 2) Kevin and I picked out that pattern and 3) I don't want to have to start from scratch trying to get 12 place settings of china. So, I ended up going on Ebay and, long story short, I got five more place settings for an unbelievable price! Granted, I spent my leisure budget for the next two months, but I don't care! I am SO HAPPY! My life has been reduced to living for my fine china, and I am ok with that.


In very good news, my brother and his wife, Liz, are buying their first home in Montgomery. It is a really cute three bedroom with a finished basement and a garage. They are having their first baby, a little boy to be named Thurston James, in mid-May. I am so thrilled for them to own their first home, especially such a nice one with room for expanding and improving. They are such hard workers and they deserve great things in their life.

No comments: