Monday, January 28, 2008

Searching for Answers




Oh, how the days can crawl by when we are not even expecting them to. I have been fighting a frustrating battle with my fibromyalgia. This is a battle which I am currently losing. I have spent the day in utter frustration, sighing and crying over my plight. I just wish I knew how to plot each meticulous step to my recovery. Instead, I know nothing! My doctor tells me I need to start slowly, that exercise, rest and battling depression are the best things I can do for myself. However, all of those things are easier said than done, especially the last two. I think that I need to find some type of regular daycare for Gloria - not full time or anything, but at least a few hours a couple of days per week that I can count on to give me rest and sanity. I think that feeling like my room is always cluttered and I am running behind on errands weighs very heavily on me. So, step one for me is to find a regular babysitter - recommendations are welcome! Booger, if you are reading this and are interested until you get a regular gig let me know!


This weekend is my tea party. In spite of my exhaustion I am looking forward to it. Last night my parents helped me take down the Christmas tree, so now I just need to bring the ornaments down to the basement, vacuum, and go grocery shopping. I already have some construction paper, stickers and markers to work on the valentines. It is really going to be low-key - mostly a chance for us girls to gab and catch up on gossip. So far it looks like Laura, Liz, Jenny and Booger are all coming for sure. Julie may be able to come but she would have to drive from Carbondale. The menu is yet to be determined!

No comments: