Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Going through old boxes can stir up more than dust.

I always suspected I was weird, but going through old boxes definitely confirmed my suspicions.  Interesting things I found while going through old boxes:

1. A locket with a picture of my brother, Dan, that I used to wear in grade school because I thought it would make him like me more.
2. A picture that I took in 4th grade (sideways and across the room) of my crush, who was wearing a Bartman shirt.
3. My Brian Duncan tape.
4. A piece of tree bark carefully labeled "Papa Bear" with a picture of a rainbow.
5. 30 Washington Junior High library cards from various friends, carefully alphabetized and rubber banded together.
6. My first pair of glasses, with the round ends to wrap around my 18 month old ears.
7. A stuffed fish that my first boyfriend made me in Home Economics in 7th grade, because before I told him I liked him I used the codename "fish" to refer to him.
8. A gumball machine ring that my good friend, Ryan Phelan, gave me to make me feel better when I was dumped my freshman year of high school.
9. A beautiful birthday card with a crystal on the front, and when you open it my good friend Sarah Dobbins had written "Happy Birthday" on a post-it note so she wouldn't ruin the card!
10. A lot of bad poetry.

No comments: