Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. The day started with visiting my mom and bringing her a little tea cup bird feeder for her garden. We had a chance to chat and catch up, something we haven't done for a while. The day before was my nephew, Thurston's 2nd birthday party and my mom met Ray for the first time. I was nervous because my mom has made it generally known that she didn't think she would like him. He happened to be outside having a cigarette when my parents pulled into the driveway and my mom went right up and introduced herself. They ended up talking for about ten minutes before coming in the house. I am not sure what exactly their whole conversation was about, but when I talked to my mom on Sunday she said that she really liked Ray. That made me feel really good. I knew that if she would just take a moment to talk with him she would start to see what I see.

After my mom's house Gloria and I went and dropped off presents at my in-laws (my mom in law was at work) and then headed out to Lemont to have lunch / dinner with the Paces. I was totally surprised when we got there and Ray disappeared with G for a few minutes, only to have her come around the corner with a beautiful gift bag and card for me "from" her. The bag was full of all kinds of bath products in my favorite scent, almond. Shampoo, conditioner, hand santizer, shower gel, lotion, hand soap, etc. and a lovely hand signed card from Gloria. Then, Ray's sister also brought me a nice bottle of white wine. It really made my day special and I definitely wasn't expecting it!

So, I took the happiness as a major blessing. So often holidays have been endured, something to power through and not let break me down, and this time it was a great day that built me up. As things continue to grow with Ray it has enhanced my life in so many ways. I find myself smiling for no reason and when something does go wrong or I have a bad day, I have someone to talk to and help me. This relationship is definitely starting to feel like a true partnership, which is something I never thought I could find again.

No comments: