Thursday, March 5, 2009

I awoke to birds chirping this morning. Corny, but true!



The past few days have been very positive for me. Gloria and I have spent the past two days running around outside sucking up all of the fresh air we can take. This weekend will mark the official Spring preparation, starting with some maitenance on my bicycle and a scrubbing for my car. It feels very good to enjoy being outside instead of making a mad dash from the door to the car and vice versa.On another positive note, my ad on Craig's list has already yielded some great results. I was given the sage advice that if I love to write resumes I might as well market the skill, upon which another friend suggested Craig's list. I really enjoy helping people with their resumes and also getting to know them and what their goals are. It is nothing fancy, but if you want to check it out here is the link:http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vY2hpY2Fnby5jcmFpZ3NsaXN0Lm9yZy9jaGMvcmVzLzEwNTE1OTE1NTUuaHRtbA==Finally, my cooking skills continue to improve. I am teaching a knife skills class in a couple of weeks and want to be sure I don't slice off a finger or something during the demonstration. So, I have been happily slicing, dicing and chopping away in the evenings and enjoying the tastey benefits of the practice. Mind you, I am not doing a knife tricks class so don't expect me to toss things in the air and flip shrimp into your pocket. Tomorrow is another one of my Friday evening gatherings with friends for good food and board games. This week we are making Coq Au Vin, a wine based slow cooking sauce poured over chicken breast and served with hot, buttery noodles. I am getting hungry even thinking about it now. In a purely comforting fashion I have also made my mother's famous Cowboy Cookies. Life is good.

No comments: