Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just a quick note to say I spent my first night in my new house. It was strange, sad and wonderful. It has already begun to feel like home because everywhere I look someone I love has helped me to fix it up. There is still a lot to be done but it is happening a lot faster now. Hopefully by the end of the upcoming weekend I will have the majority of my things out of boxes and into their new spaces. The initial lonliness of the night was offset by dinner with my in-laws and then my brother, Adam and his girlfriend, Julie coming to share wine and chat. I won't have my internet and cable hooked up until tomorrow so for now I am writing this during a quick visit to my parents to get a few more things. Ah, what will life be like when I am no longer moving?

No comments: