Monday, November 10, 2008

Yet another step . . .




Today I went with my mother-in-law to order carpeting from, none other than, Luna. I have been looking for awhile and just haven't had time to think it through. So, we walked into Luna today (I had the song from their commercial running through my head the entire time) and the first man to greet me took us to the back of the store where they had a children's room with a flat screen tv, a miniature red kitchen, puzzles and books. You'd think Gloria would be fascinated, but instead she wanted to take her shoes off and run barefoot through the store feeling all of the different carpeting on her toes. That is Kevin's daughter, always wanting to get a feel for things in the most physical way possible. Next, the manager came out to help me. He was tall and had a shock of red hair. Earlier in the day we had lunch at Corner Bakery and the fellow clearing our table was a true redhead. I was captivated by that "Kevin red" hair that I don't often see in grown men. I can't explain it, but his hair was such a particular shade of red changing to blonde at the base of his neck, and I only recognize that color when I see it. So, this young man at Corner Bakery had started my mind turning and an overall feeling that Kevin was really with me today, and then seeing the red-head at Luna cemented that emotion. Granted, the Luna man had a different red, but it was still something that gave me comfort. Not many people will say they chose to buy carpeting at a particular store because of the sale person's hair color, but then again not many people chose their place of employment based on good lighting. I guess I am somewhat ruled by intuition, but that is ok too. My mother in law was surprised that I had picked the carpeting and ordered it so quickly, but I just knew. To really seal my good feeling about the store I noticed one last detail as I filled out the paperwork - sitting on the desk was the business card of a close Henry family friend, the son of the couple that founded Kensington Homes. I saw the Kensington logo and then noticed that the name on the card was familiar. It turns out that Sean had been in the day before to pick out a runner for his home. He lives in Hinsdale so it was quite an oddity that he came all the way to Rt 59 in Naperville to get a runner, but it just solidified my overall good vibe. A long story to make a short point: I feel that God has been looking over me and that there have been signs of his love showing up the more I look - from a rainbow to a business card to a familiar shade of red caught in the corner of my eye.

1 comment:

Jenny Jakubiak Cook said...

Wow! That is an absolutely great rainbow shot! I can never get a rainbow to show up in my pictures. Look at you, Ansel Adams.