Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Sky's The Limit


I am completely stressed out by my new home. It is in a state of complete chaos at the moment, and though I knew it would be this way I am still freaked out about it. My dad has been working tirelessly for two days on all sorts of projects, the biggest of which was installing a new garbage disposal. The hideous popcorn ceiling is going to be ripped out in a couple of weeks, which means in the mean time we need to work on the bedrooms and leave the flooring alone. I feel like I am just spinning in circles in my mind, going over and over what needs to be done without actually doing anything. More than anything, it is hard to be a single parent and try to get anything at all done. I sometimes feel like Gloria is a 26 pound weight tied to my ankle that I am constantly hauling around. Actually, it would be better if she were chained to my ankle and I didn't have to go chasing her around. Is it wrong to sometimes hate being a parent?

Today is my mother and father-in-laws 33rd wedding anniversary. They are the best place to be on your anniversary, in Paris! I received a brief email from them saying they are loving France and that they climbed the Eiffel Tower. I am totally jealous, though I wouldn't want to be in Paris by myself either.

No comments: