Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Trip To Georgia






Our trip to Georgia was full of sunshine, stress, goofiness, good southern barbecue and Swedish people(?). Gloria and I flew out on Saturday morning. My in-laws took us to the train station and Linda just oogled Gloria the whole way through up until the security check. It was very sweet the way she insisted on carrying her and constantly showering kisses on her cheeks. Naturally, when I had to go through security and leave them behind Gloria morphed from Dr Jekyl to Mr Hyde and maintained a feisty attitude right until the plane touched down in Atlanta. No joke, she shut her eyes as we hit the run way. Fantastic timing in this child. To my comfort there were other terrible children on the plane being at least equally annoying whining and fits. From departing the plane we had to take a train out from the city to the suburbs of Atlanta. How fun that was with my restless child who next had to be strapped into a car for 30 minutes. Suffice it to say the trip there totolly stressed me out .
The next day we went to visit a village called Helen that is modeled after the Swiss Alps. There is nothing like Southern people building a town that looks like it is Swedish but it is actually run by a bunch of country folk. Weird. Gloria demands more attention at the moment so I must finish this later

No comments: