Saturday, March 22, 2008

Snowing on Good Friday

Well, my pre-Easter celebration with my family was scheduled for Good Friday, and although it was a snowstorm outside we actually had quite a bit of fun. My sister was unable to come so my hours of preparation felt wasted at first, but in the end it turned out well. Gloria did the Easter egg hunt in the living/dining room and loved it so much she made my dad re-hide all of the eggs twice! My sister-in-law, Liz, came for a little bit earlier in the day and then later my Grandma came by. We just hung out and watched Gloria prance around in her Easter dress and little white hat. I can't say that the grey skies didn't damper my mood a bit, but overall it was a good day.

Tomorrow I will be with the Henry clan at Aunt Sandy's house in Villa Park. I have talked cousin Greg into taking a look at Kevin's computer to see if he can fix it. I just want to have that computer up and working again! It feels like a sin to have his beloved computer out of commission for a year and a half. If Kevin weren't already dead, that would kill him? Is that joke in bad taste? Oh well.

I am now in the process of planning my dad's surprise 60th birthday party. I am open to all suggestions and ideas to make the day memorable and fun. Thus far I have booked the room at Pal Joeys for April 20th and designed the invitations. So, I want to think of fun things to do that aren't lame "over the hill" jokes. I want to have some sort of picture slide show but don't know where to go to rent the equipment to do that. I could make the slideshow on my computer but my screen wouldn't be big enough to watch it. So, anywho, feel free to bring ideas to the table. Perhaps I will hire Booger and J-Fro to help me with these creative endeavors.

I dreamt last night that I was "Pam" from the show "The Office" and Jim was paying all of this attention to me. I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too. Next thing I know I am me again and Jim is Kevin. So, I think I am a) profoundly lonely b) watching too much television and c) disturbed. I will be interested when I die to see if God will reveal all of my messed up dreams to me within some type of logic. Even God is probably bored to death at the prospect of that endeavor.

2 comments:

Jenny Jakubiak Cook said...

I will totally help you if I get to attend the Jazz's birthday fun at Pal Joeys. (They have the best white pizza)

Anonymous said...

I think Jenny should be in the A/V department. Maybe I should just stay in the V department. She's a bit more multifaceted than me.