Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yet Another Fabulous Birthday Party

Tonight I went to a lovely birthday party for Bud's daughter, Allie. She turned seven and was the most adorable birthday princess ever. Gloria was definitely in her element - flirting with everybody and making friends left and right. There was another little girl there named Mason who is 19 months old. The two of them were like peas in a pod together. They were hugging, kissing and sharing toys. It was a nice feeling to be around other parents and lots of cute little kids.
I also got to visit with another of Kevin's high school friends, Keith. Keith was amazed at how many stories Kevin had told me, and all of the details that I remembered about him. He seems to have gotten his life together. He graduated from DeVry with a networking degree and now has an IT job with a small local company. I actually had such a fun time talking with Keith and getting to know him better. I just imagine Kevin looking down on us from heaven in total amazement that his wife is hanging out with his high school buddies without him. Keith definitely represents the computer techy side of Kevin, while Bud represents the hands on part of Kevin. Both Keith and Bud like to snowboard and ski, which sounds like a lot of fun.

So, all in all it was a really nice evening. I did get lost on the way home, but got back on track without much trouble. Gloria was so totally excited to be running around with kids and flirting with adults, so perhaps I do need to try and find some mommy group to be a part of. Ah, the life of a mommy.

No comments: